Lent [day 21]… [Friday, 4 March 2016]
Continued prayers today for Floyd and Sally [and the family]…
What a joy to be part of a global family of intercessors praying for Floyd…
Ten reasons I love my spiritual Papa…
10. He is the first person to call me a racist [it was such a shock – I had no clue] — this
was the first time we met at Lee College in 1978… He never gave up on me and never
stopped loving me [and he opened my eyes]… He ALSO NEVER STOPPED
challenging me — to love my enemies [even when that was not popular and everyone
else wanted to bomb them], to be more committed to the Kingdom of God [than to
America], to love the poor with passion and without apology and to pursue Jesus
[SIMPLY Jesus rather than dead religion]. He was committed to my growth and
development — he wanted me to be like Jesus!!!
9. At this same encounter [at Lee College] as I drove Floyd to the airport, he also
mentioned that I was proud, religious and was quite “full of myself”… It was a nice wake-
up call for me — a clueless sophomore in college… He never gave up on me and never
stopped loving me…
8. Floyd has NEVER lost track of me from this first inauspicious meeting — all through
the years [almost 40 of them] — cards, calls, notes, etc [from both Floyd and Sally]…
WOW!!! HOW??? WHY??? Must be the Jesus in them BOTH — we love you and
7. Floyd made time to come and visit… Nancy and I will never forget our Papa and
Gentle Giant rolling in the floor with our kids [Matt, Josh and James]…
6. The way Floyd taught, tutored and mentored me through all these years via visits,
calls and some of the BEST books ever written… He even shocked me by giving me the
privilege to read and make suggestions in the editing process for FOLLOW…
5. Floyd is THE best spiritual father and grandfather I know AND he taught me that the
Church is a SPIRITUAL FAMILY and it must be led and cared for by spiritual moms and
dads. He asked me to commit my life to becoming a spiritual father and grandfather
myself [and I am forever grateful that he did]!
4. When Floyd would visit, I loved the way he was MORE THRILLED with his spiritual
grandchildren [my sons and daughters] than he was with me! He was a proud Papa and
3. I will never forget the day Nancy told me that she had never met a man on earth who
was more like Jesus than Floyd! She simply said: “Floyd lives like Jesus!” WOW — we
Floyd as he followed Jesus and it has made me a better man…
2. Floyd gets more passionate about Jesus [and even more relevant in ministry] as he
grows older — he gives me HOPE that I can grow old and NOT become irrelevant…
Please join me in this prayer for me!!! I want to age with PASSION and RELEVANCE!!!
1. Floyd is THE most missional person I know… Want to hear something AMAZING?
When he returned from a recent trip to a Syrian refugee camp in Jordan, he was so
pumped and SO WAS I… All Nations missionaries had witnessed Holy Spirit draw 200
families to Jesus [in the refugee camp] and 70 simple churches had been planted [in the
refugee camp]!!! WOW!!!
Floyd and Sally [and family] — Nancy and I [and our family and spiritual family] are
praying for you and LOVE YOU!!!